1) If a car in Malaysia is too successful, competitors can have that car’s price raised.
2) An airbag takes only 40 milliseconds to inflate.
3) An Indian businessman used donkeys to pull his 53,000 Jaguar XJ after it kept breaking down.
4) Daniel Craig, who played the role of James Bond, has the privilege of taking any Aston Martin at any time for the rest of his life.
5) An Egyptian president helped build an Arab car called The Frisky.
6) In Russia, it is illegal to drive a dirty car.
7) A Greek taxi driver has the highest recorded mileage to date (2.9 million miles) on a Mercedes. He donated his car to the museum, and was gifted a brand new one.
8) BHP ( Brake Horse Power): Amount of work generated by a motor under ideal conditions.
9) About 165,000 cars are produced daily.
10) There are 1 billions cars currently in use on Earth.
11) It takes 25 hours to build a car, 10 of which are spent painting it.
12) The average Bugatti customer has about 84 cars, 3 jets, and 1 yacht.
13) During a car crash, 40% of drivers never hit the brakes.
14) The most recycled material on earth isn't paper, aluminum, plastic nor glass? It's steel! More steel is recycled each year than all of these materials combined, making the automobile the most recycled product in the world.
15) The inventor of the cruise control was blind. The inventor's name was Teetor, he got his inspiration from the annoying rocking motion he experienced while riding in his lawyer's car.
16) Allen Swift, a cartoon voice actor owned his 1928 Rolls Royce Phantom for 77 years.
17) 90% of cars imported to Lebanon are below $15,000.
18) The world’s most popular car color is white.
19) The first speeding ticket was issued in 1902, and cars could barely reach 75 km/hr.
20) 90% of drivers sing behind the wheel.
Know any more interesting facts? Feel free to share them with us in the comment box below, and stay tuned for more.
Searching for a new car in Lebanon and thinking that there are many deceiving ads? Karrenn shines the light on what's right and wrong in Lebanese car ads, and lets you explore all your alternatives at the touch of a button. Check out the latest deals here and stay up-to-date with the latest local news through our Facebook Page
For everything relating to commuting in Lebanon, tips to buy/sell a car, or even the latest driving laws you should know about, check out our BLOG section.